This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by 2W International, LLC (“2Words”).
If you have general questions about your account or need to contact Customer Service for assistance, please contact us through our Website. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please read through our policy and contact email@example.com for any additional questions.
The data controller of your personal information is 2W International, LLC. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
• Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which might include:
• your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number.
• We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interacting with our Customer Support, when you participate in surveys or marketing promotions, or otherwise provided information to us through our service or elsewhere.
• Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service.
This information includes:
• your activity on the 2Words Website, such as watch and download history;
• your interactions with our email, push and text messaging;
• details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and voicemail recordings;
• device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
• Information from other sources: We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
• publicly-available sources such as open government databases, or publicly accessible knowledge and information.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics.
For example, we use information to:
• determine your general geographic location, provide localized content and events;
• prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining eligibility);
• analyze and understand our audience, and improve our service (including our user interface experiences);
• communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about 2Words, details about new features and content available on 2Words, and special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
• The 2Words family of companies: We share your information among the 2Words family of companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
• Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process payment methods, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
• while using the 2Words service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
• social plugins and similar technologies allow you to share information.
Access to Account and Profiles
For ease of access to your account, you can use the “Remember me” function when you log in to the website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the 2Words service without requiring re-entry of username/password when your browser revisits the service.
• Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your watch history and account information (including your email address or other information in the “Account” area of our website). Your Information and Rights You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the “My Account” portion of our website, where you have the ability to access and update a small range of information about your account, including your contact information, and change your password. You must be signed in to access the “My Account” section. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you, make any requests, or asks any other questions regarding our privacy practices by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
You must be an employee of a school, school district, or approved sports club, or a parent associated with authorized program in order to have a membership with 2Words. Accordingly, you must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the 2Words service. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian. We do not accept any personal information of any individual under the age of 18.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the 2Words service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the 2Words service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the “Last Updated” section below.
1. What are cookies?
• Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
• Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we may also use other, similar types of technologies. We may use these for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service.
• Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with 2Words. For example, they prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as viewing patterns, click history, and other information) about our visitors’ use of the 2Words service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
Last Updated: December 20, 2018